Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pasta with Garlic and Butter.

Yep, that's right, BUTTER. 



I still have yet to find a way around this recipe so i can use something other then butter but for right now its the only thing that can give the sauce the right consistency. 



Did you know? In 1997, India produced 1,470,000 metric tons (1,620,000 short tons) of butter, most of which was consumed domestically! Source Now that's a lot of butter.. 




Check out this original Indian butter churn! (No I did not take this picture)


Don't get me wrong, I love pasta, but i just cant eat the mass consumption of it that Damian can (just topped with olive oil, cheese, and spices). Every once in a while I need to mix it up, therefore I present to you:


Pasta with Garlic and Butter (*** This recipe is meant to have chicken in it but I used what I had in the kitchen)





What you need: 

- 1 box of spaghetti pasta (cooked al dente)
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter (original recipe calls for 1/2 stick!)
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 4 Large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parm cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes

Place saute pan over medium heat and add butter and olive oil. Saute garlic for 2 minutes or until soft (my favorite smell in the whole world!). Add the flour and cook for 1.5 minutes. Add chicken stock and simmer gravy until thickened. Add chopped basil and season with salt and pepper. IF USING CHICKEN: Add cooked chicken at this time. Place the cooked spaghetti into sauce and finish with cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. 





I served the pasta with some mozzarella cheese that is wrapped with prosciutto and basil, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil from the garden! 




For dessert? Strawberry Chobani Smoothies! (recipe to come)