Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Breakfast on the go.

If you are anything like me and you would rather sleep longer and get out the door faster, then this is the recipe for you!



Last night I went to dinner with Kristen, who is a friend/mentor from St. Thomas. I ran to the grocery store after to pick up a few things and didn't end up getting home until around 9pm (this is late for me). I try to go to bed around 9:30pm every night because I have to wake up at 6:15 am and drive an hour to work! Yes I know i'm a grandma but without a proper night's sleep I can not make it through the day.


Generally in the morning I'm up and out of the house within a matter of 25 minutes, therefore NOT a whole lot of time for breakfast. This means I need to find ways to get a little protein in my body to get me through my morning. Here's the recipe that will do it!



Easy Bake Breakfast Sandwiches

What you need:
- Eggs (they last up to a week cooked so usually about 4-5 for one person)
- Muffin Tin
- Cooking spray
- Spices of choice


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Crack desired amount of eggs individually in each slot. Add spices of choice and place in oven for 15 minutes. If you want your eggs to be a little runny take them out in around 12 minutes.






I only used a little salt and pepper but there really good with Caribbean jerk or chili powder!


You can store these baby in the fridge in a Tupperware and heat them up for 30 second before you make a sandwich.




I toasted an English Muffin and added a little feta cheese and prosciutto!



Stay tuned for Strawberry Chobani smoothies!