Saturday, May 4, 2013

Strawberry Blueberry Oatmeal Bake.

Oldie but goodie. 

I made this recipe a few weeks back (my birthday week to be exact) but I thought I would post it because its so darn good. The extra special thing about this post is its the first time I have used this awesome new Minnesota shaped cutting board! Andrea gave it to me for my birthday and it is just the perfect size for appetizers, cheese plates, and these cool photos. Most days we have overnight oats for breakfast but lately I have been making different oatmeal bakes for busier weeks. Love oatmeal? Love breakfast? Then you would love this. 

A little update on the home front- I am still studying all the time and the test day is getting closer and closer. I really can't wait until its over. This next weekend we are heading to Chicago for my brother's wedding. We fly out on Friday (no work- woot woot!) and are visiting Kathleen for the evening. I am so excited to get away because I honestly can't remember the last time we went somewhere on "vacation". Hopefully I will remember to take lots of photos to share. In the meantime, eat some oatmeal.


Strawberry Blueberry Oatmeal Bake

What you need:
- 2 bananas sliced
- 3 cups oats (old fashioned)
- 1 pint blueberries 
- 1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- toppings of choice: shredded coconut, greek yogurt, raisins, granola

Preheat oven to 365 degrees. In a bowl, combine oats, milk, honey, and egg. Spray bottom of a glass baking dish and layer banana slices across the bottom. add a portion of the blueberries and all of the strawberries. Pour oat mixture in pan and top with blueberries and shredded coconut. Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool.