Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nicoise Salad.

"Knee- swa"

If you have never heard of nicoise salad, it is basically a salad that contains green beans, tuna, and some sort of vinaigrette. The salad is light refreshing and reminds me of summer. We have had a lot of snow lately (In May) and this salad was a nice reminder that summer is coming sooner or later. This dish really sits well and is great for next day lunch.


It's graduation weekend at St. Thomas and I can't believe it has been an entire year since I graduated from college. Where has the time gone? In no way does it feel like I graduated a whole year ago. And what a year its been... I could not be more grateful of everything I have. Hope you are able to enjoy the long weekend and get outside a little bit. I am just hoping the rain holds off for a few more days. 

Nicoise Salad

What you need:
- 1 lb green beans, cooked al dente and cooled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cans tuna (in water), drained
- 1 12 oz can black olives
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4oz feta cheese (optional)

Dressing: 
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard 

In a small bowl, mix dressing. Combine all salad ingredients and top with dressing.